Opportunities for undergraduate research are available to students as early as freshman year and continue through the senior year with the option of using undergraduate research (CS 1950) to fulfill the CS capstone requirement.
In fall 2013, the department offered the first Undergraduate Research Symposium. Faculty from the department presented current projects and offered interested students opportunties to participate in these projects. The presentations from the 2016 symposium are now available.
- Adam Lee – Undergraduate Research in Security and Privacy
- Alexandros Labrinidis – Advanced Data Management Technologies Projects for Fun, Profit and Social Good
- Diane Litman – Computationally Analyzing Audio, Video, and Transcriptions of Team Conversations
- Jingtao Wang – The Future of Mobile Learning
- Taieb Znati – From Sensors to Tweeters: A Sociotechnical Approach for Building Community Resilience to Hazards